Ronaldo warned Lukaku how hard scoring goals in Serie A would be before Inter move Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade RANKED LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS no dice The Dane previously spent five years with the Danish FA from 2008 onwards, working in their youth set-up, before becoming manager of Danish Superliga club Brondby in 2013.He guided them to finishes of fourth and third in 2014 and 2015 respectively, before leaving in March 2016 and joining Brentford later that year.The Bees’ co-sporting director Phil Giles added: “[Rasmus] and I have used Dean’s departure as a chance to pause and review what we need to add to the coaching staff to keep moving forward.“We feel the club is in a good place and we don’t think it is time for big changes. Promoting Thomas ensures that we can keep building on the foundations that are already in place and working.” MONEY REVEALED Forbes list reveals how much Mayweather, Ronaldo and Messi earned this decade Where Ancelotti ranks with every Premier League boss for trophies won BEST OF Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? Frank has been promoted to head coach at Brentford Son ban confirmed as Tottenham fail with appeal to overturn red card Oxlade-Chamberlain suffers another setback as Klopp confirms serious injury 1 Every time Ally McCoist lost it on air in 2019, including funny XI reactions We are delighted to announce Thomas Frank as our new Head Coach👉 https://t.co/ClbMBOHEeJ#BrentfordFC | #Beelieve pic.twitter.com/NdDs7NuO4R— Brentford FC (@BrentfordFC) October 16, 2018Frank, who has been part of the coaching team at Griffin Park for just short of two years, will take charge of the Bees for their Championship clash with Bristol City on Saturday.“Thomas knows the club’s strategy inside out,” co-director of football Rasmus Ankersen told the Brentford’s official website.“He has played a major role in the development of our style of play over the past couple of years and we believe he is ready for the job.”He inherits a Brentford side currently seventh in the Championship, but without a win in their last six games. huge blow ADVICE Brentford have confirmed the appointment of Thomas Frank as their new head coach.The 45-year-old Dane was assistant to former boss Dean Smith, who recently left to take the vacant manager’s job at Aston Villa. REVEALED
zoom During a panel debate hosted by The Mission to Seafarers at Nor-Shipping event, leaders in seafarer welfare concluded that higher level of transparency is needed to improve human rights in the shipping industry.An expert panel, made up of representatives from the RAFTO Foundation, the Institute for Human Rights and Business, Norwegian OECD NCP, and Human Rights at Sea, came together to discuss the challenges associated with tackling the very real risk of modern slavery in the shipping industry, and strategies for its elimination.“The key agreement from the debate was that the shipping industry needs to increase levels of transparency when it comes to human rights,” Ben Bailey, Assistant Director of Advocacy at The Mission to Seafarers, said.Introduced in 2006, the Maritime Labour Convention has been guaranteeing seafarers the right to decent work conditions, however, seafarers can be vulnerable to exploitation and abuse when working in isolated conditions.“The term ‘human rights’ is notably absent from instruments such as the Maritime Labour Convention, leaving space for exploitative practices to be carried out by less scrupulous members of our industry,” Bailey said.Increased cross-industry collaboration and closer work with NGOs “would allow the shipping industry to create and enforce policies which reduce bonded labour, and ensure the industry is a safe and attractive career option for seafarers globally,” according to Bailey.
(Above: The drinking water reservoir for Potlotek First Nation in Nova Scotia.)Trina RoacheAPTN National NewsIn his office down the road from Elsipogtog’s water tower, Simon Osmond turns on the tap. He won’t drink the water here. After all of the work he’s done studying water management systems on First Nations – he doesn’t trust it’s safe.Osmond has worked on water issues on First Nations in the Atlantic region for years. He says the aging infrastructure, lack of training for water operators and a lack of money from Ottawa all add up to create a dangerous situation.“What about when a First Nation community actually becomes a Walkerton,” says Osmond, who a senior policy analyst with the Atlantic Policy Congress of First Nations. “I don’t want that to be the basis for when the federal government will invest.”Ottawa has touted the $323 million it set aside in its Economic Action Plan in 2014 – money to be spread over two years, for all First Nations in Canada, for water.But it’s a drop in the bucket according to experts who say that is the amount needed to just get Atlantic bands up to par.Nationally, they have pegged it $4.7 billion.Of the 23 bands in the East Coast, that operate their own drinking water systems, 21 are considered high risk.As of March, 135 First Nation communities across Canada were under a boil water advisory.The federal government passed the Safe Drinking water for First Nations Act in 2013. Regulations are expected within the next year.“Enforcing regulations on reserve, where you have deteriorating conditions, to me, doesn’t make sense,” says Osmond. “How are First Nations supposed to improve it if they’re not getting the resources to manage it?”One option that government is looking at is P3s, a public-private partnership.Osmond has pitched the idea of a First Nations Water Authority (FNWA) for bands in the Atlantic. The project is called the First Nations Clean Water Iniative.The band would do a temporary surrender the land and assets tied to the water systems to the FNWA. In turn, FNWA – a group of engineers, operators and a First Nations board – would oversee water and wastewater operations for the bands. And under a P3 model, FNWA would sub-lease the land to the private company over a 25 year agreement.Emma Lui, with the Council of Canadians, said this model doesn’t have a great track record.“P3s in other regions, in other countries, other municipalities, have caused some serious problems in price increases for water,” says Lui. “We see a decrease in water quality.”Lui argues that privatization can cost governments more in the long run.“The Safe Drinking Water for First Nations Act calls for high standards which is something that we want,” says Lui. “But without the appropriate funding, First Nations are in some ways forced to enter into these P3 agreements and later down the road they experience problems with the P3 agreement and want to cancel it the Canadian Government could see themselves with a trade challenge or trade lawsuit.”Others see giving up land, even as a lease, as a bad road to go down.“Once you privatize it then you’re losing your control on the other hand,” says Albert Marshall. “We should be doing just the opposite, aboriginal people should be seeking water rights.”Marshall is a Mi’kmaw Elder on the Eskasoni First Nation on Cape Breton. He’s spent years working to protect the water quality of the Bras d’Ors Lakes.“We can subsist with little parcels of land but we cannot live without water,” says Marshall. “So water should become our inherent right. And in our case we have to protect it for the next seven generations.”Some think the model may leave First Nations paying for their own drinking water.“I’ll say no,” said Potlotek’s Chief Wilbert Marshall. “Why should we pay for water? We didn’t agree to be put on reservations and stuck here.”What happens in the Atlantic could be a template for how the regulations for First Nations’ drinking water roll out across the country.And the questions are pouring in.Wilbert Marshall has heard from other First nations leaders across Canada.“Is it going to be privatized? Will you be paying for your water? So you have to give up your inventory and all that? Whose responsibility is it going to be? Whose neck is on the line? All the same questions we had,” he says.Charlie Sock has been the water operator of the Elsipogtog First Nation in New Brunswick for 38 years. The pipes he’s working with are much older than that. He shows off a piece of cast iron pipe that he had to replace after a water main break; a common occurrence.“This pipe was installed in 1967, so do your math!” says Sock.He said the buck should stop with Ottawa.“They’re trying to approach it with a third party that comes in and funds the upgrades and we pay them for the next 25 years,” he says. “I mean it seems like Indian affairs is just dumping us off on the third party. And what are we going to have in 25 years, something that’s 25 years old?”Sock also worries one lease would just lead to another.“It’s just as if we’re talking about the 1969 white paper policy all over again,” he says. “Government washing their hands of us and we’ll be somebody else’s problem.”The idea of a First Nations Water Authority hangs in the balance as Aboriginal Affairs will decide on funding at the end of the month.“So it’s always ensuring that we push for something that is so sacred for us,” says Osmond. “Government doesn’t see it the same way we do. It becomes dollars and cents. The thing is, they’re doing it on the backs of First Nations health and safety.”On the Potlotek First Nation in Nova Scotia, there’s a new report sitting on the desk of Chief Wilbert Marshall.It details the dire problems with the band’s water and wastewater systems.Positive tests for e-coli.Aging infrastructure.A water tower unsuitable for a Canadian climate (the water freezes in the winter) and the paint is peeling – even on the inside of the tower which holds the drinking water.“I get phone calls from band members and they’re frustrated,” says the chief. “I don’t blame them. I am too. You can’t drink the water out of the tower and out of the tap, it’s brown or black.”[email protected]
Santiago Solari has expressed delight at the opportunity of managing a club like Real Madrid after he was named the interim coach following the exit of Julen Lopetegui.Solari, 42, said he is determined to make the most of his opportunity. The former Castilla boss will lead Real Madrid to their Copa del Rey tie away to third-tier side Melilla on Wednesday.A good result in the Cup and league game fixtures may convince the club to hire the gaffer with rumours of uncertainty over the appointment of a new manager circulating the Spanish press.Zidane reveals Sergio Ramos injury concern for Real Madrid Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Zinedine Zidane has put Sergio Ramos’ availability for Real Madrid’s trip to Sevilla next weekend in doubt after withdrawing him against Levante.“In life, and in this profession, everything changes quickly. The important thing is the day to day, what we do each day, the hopes we put in every day,” he told Xinhuanet, when asked about his future.“I am very excited, very satisfied to be here. To work at Real Madrid is a great opportunity, the most beautiful, of any job,” he told the expectant press.“This is a group of champions, warriors, who have won many things for this club. The situation is not the easiest, but I see them very motivated to turn it around,” he insisted.
Callum Hudson-Odoi hopes his excellent performance in Chelsea’s 2-0 FA Cup triumph over Nottingham Forest will earn him more starts in the team.Hudson-Odoi, 18, provided assists for both of Alvaro Morata’s second-half goals after Cesc Fabregas missed a first-half penalty for the Blues.Chelsea reportedly rejected a £20million offer from Bayern for the winger’s services despite making a cameo appearance in the EPL all season.When asked whether his display might help him break into Sarri’s team, Hudson-Odoi told FourFourTwo via BeIN Sports: “Hopefully, hopefully. You never know.Jose Mourinho is sold on Lampard succeeding at Chelsea Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 14, 2019 Jose Mourinho wanted to give his two cents on Frank Lampard’s odds as the new Chelsea FC manager, he thinks he will succeed.There really…“I feel really proud to get opportunity to play and help the team get the win we deserved.“We played really well, our mentality was strong and we deserved the win that we got. Alvaro did really well getting the goals and we all worked hard as a team and we deserved the win.”“If we don’t score we keep going and keep pushing until we do. I think the way we played showed the desire to keep pushing and the chances were coming,” said Hudson-Odoi. “We’ve just got to be patient sometimes.“Hopefully today showed why we’re doing really well. I’m proud to make history but it’s not just about myself it’s about the team as well.”
Family of asylum-seeker Constantin Bakala urges ICE to reunite them 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) – Constantin Bakala, an asylum-seeker from the Democratic Republic of Congo, has been detained for 19 months in detention centers across the country. His family is calling on ICE to parole Bakala while his case is pursued in court so he may join his wife and children in San Diego.Bakala fears that, if deported back to the DR Congo, he could be killed.The family survived extreme hardship due to political persecution in the DR Congo before finally arriving to the border in San Diego to ask for protection. Government officials have separated Bakala from his wife and kids in San Diego and sent him to a detention center out of state.In a recent victory, Bakala has now won his right to a new hearing – the first hearing where he will have a lawyer.The family arrived in Tijuana in November 2017 and requested asylum at the U.S. border. Bakala was then separated from his wife and daughter and detained. He has spent the past 19 months in a series of detention facilities, unable to see his family.Bakala’s wife, Annie Kapongo, has received her work permit and is set to begin working next week. Their oldest daughter Marie-Louise, will turn 18 soon and is still waiting for her work permit. Posted: July 15, 2019 KUSI Newsroom, July 15, 2019 KUSI Newsroom Categories: Local San Diego News, National & International News FacebookTwitter