Respect judicial independence in cases of two leading journalists in Serbia and Montenegro, RSF says April 12, 2005 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Six years of impunity for Slavko Curuvija’s murderers Europe – Central Asia June 4, 2021 Find out more Organisation Receive email alerts Help by sharing this information Europe – Central Asia News News On the sixth anniversary of the murder of Serb journalist Slavko Curuvija on 11 April 1999, Reporters Without Borders today deplored the failure to identify his killers and bring them to justice and it reiterated its call to the Serbian authorities to establish all the facts related to the case.”No relevant information is yet available about Slavko Curuvija’s killers,” the press freedom organization said in a letter to the interior minister. “We are dismayed by the lack of results and the failure of the Serbian authorities to carry out an investigation capable of finding out the truth about this case.”The letter continued: “Despite the repeated promises to solve this case, it is clear that the investigations are at a standstill. Curuvija’s family and his colleagues in Serbia and the rest of the world have a right to know the truth. We once again call on the authorities to do everything possible to clarify all the precise circumstances of this tragedy.”Justice minister Zoran Stojkovic yesterday said there was no real evidence available on the circumstances of Curuvija’s death, despite the creation of a special investigative unit within the police just to work on this case.According to sources within the interior ministry, police inspector general Vladimir Bozovic requested documents about the Curuvija case in September 2004 and obtained nothing from the police then in charge of the investigation.On 9 December 2003, a few days before legislative elections, the office of the special prosecutor and the organised crime bureau said an eye-witness had formally identified two persons suspected of the murder but their identity could not be revealed. Since then, the police have given no further information about the outcome of this identification.The daily newspaper Politika has alleged that three policemen from the Republic of Srpska (a Bosnian Serb entity) are implicated in Curuvija’s death, while Luka Pejovic, a Montenegrin who was identified as Curuvija’s killer by a witness, was innocent. Pejovic was gunned down outside his Belgrade home on 5 December 2000.According to Natasa Kandic of the Humanitarian Law Centre (HLC), a Serbian human rights NGO that was the first to discover that Curuvija was under close police surveillance at the time of his murder, those implicated in his death still have a close relationship with the Serbian national security agencies, and this explains why the investigation has not progressed.Curuvija, who edited the newspapers Dnevni Telegraf and Evropljanin, was shot dead by two masked men as he arrived in front of his Belgrade home with his wife on 11 April 1999, at the time of the NATO military offensive. He had been constantly harassed for his articles criticising the regime of President Slobodan Milosevic. Some state-owned newspaper called him a “traitor.” June 8, 2021 Find out more to go further RSF calls for a fully transparent investigation after mine kills two journalists in Azerbaijan Serbian journalist Slavko Curuvija was gunned down outside his home in Belgrade by two masked men on 11 April 1999. On the six anniversary of his death, there is still no information available about the identity of his killers. Reporters Without Borders reiterates its call to the Serbian authorities to shed light on all aspects of the case. “We’ll hold Ilham Aliyev personally responsible if anything happens to this blogger in France” RSF says RSF_en News June 7, 2021 Find out more News Follow the news on Europe – Central Asia
NewsBreaking news#VIDEO Andy Lee honoured as one of Limerick’s finest sonsBy Staff Reporter – December 17, 2014 733 Surgeries and clinic cancellations extended Walk in Covid testing available in Limerick from Saturday 10th April Previous articleWin a DVD: Tommy TiernanNext articleGardai disrupt illegal medicine trade Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Facebook Andrew [email protected] up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up WBO World Middleweight Boxing Champion, Limerick’s Andy Lee has been honoured at a Civic Reception held to acknowledge his success at winning the vacant World boxing title last weekend in Las Vegas.The Limerick boxer who has now made his fame on the world boxing stage was also told that “Limerick will not be told no to hosting his mandatory defence of the world title next year”, as councillors pleaded with Lee’s trainer Adam Booth to consider hosting the title fight in Limerick.At a Civic Reception held at City Hall this Wednesday, the newly crowned world champion received a standing ovation as he was presented with a scroll honouring his achievements in boxing.During the reception at a packed City Hall, Andy was told by Mayor of Limerick City and County Kevin Sheahan, that the boxer’s “hometown would not be found wanting in hosting any title fight”.Throughout a number of addresses made by Limerick City and County councillors, Andy was described as one of “Limerick’s finest sons who claimed a world title that the people of Castleconnell, Limerick and Ireland will celebrate as another milestone moment in Irish sport.”The achievement of being the first Irish man to win a world boxing title in America since the 1930s was herald as a testimant to Andy’s “skill, ability and temperament”.Special mention, prayers and thoughts were also given to Andy’s former trainer and mentor, Emanuel Steward who invested time, energy, finance and faith in the Castleconnell southpaw.The whole experience, Andy said, would be something he “will never forget as long as I live”.Lee also had words of encourgaement to the younger generation of Limerick fighters and indeed those from his former club St Francis Boxing Club, in that “anyone can from Limerick can go on in boxing, or in any sport, to the top and become a world champion just like me”.The middleweight world champion also urged local authorities to believe in the next generation and support them financially “as Limerick could have many more world champions to come”.Despite the poor weather conditions, crowds gathered outside the steps of City Hall to hail their boxing hero and fulfill another aspect of his boyhood dream of standing before the people of Limerick, “literally on top of the world as champion”. TAGSfeatured RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Advertisement Proceedures and appointments cancelled again at UHL Email Linkedin WhatsApp Print Shannondoc operating but only by appointment First Irish death from Coronavirus Twitter No vaccines in Limerick yet
“In setting the standard price, we don’t want private laboratories to experience losses, but we also don’t want the public to spend that much for PCR tests. So, we will also involve the BPKP [Development Finance Comptroller] in doing this,” Doni said.He went on to say that the BNPB had distributed millions of reagents for PCR tests across the country so that they could provide swab testing for free. “We’ve provided free tests to 51 percent of the people who have taken swab tests,” he said.As of Sept. 9, Indonesia has tested a total of 2.5 million swab samples from 1.4 million people. The country has recorded 203,342 confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 8,336 deaths so far.Topics : “It’s very expensive in private laboratories because they are commercial and they have set their margins too high. We’re currently preparing a standard price. The BNPB head will recommend the maximum price to the Health Minister,” Dody told lawmakers in the hearing.Dody said the BNPB would recommend that private laboratories and hospitals follow the agency’s baseline price of below Rp 500,000 and add it to a reasonable profit margin.National COVID-19 task force chief Doni Monardo, who also chairs the BNPB, said during a hearing with the commission on Sept. 3 that several hospitals charged more than Rp 2.5 million for PCR tests. Therefore, he said, it was important to set a price ceiling for such tests. The National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB) will assist the Health Ministry in setting a price ceiling for COVID-19 swab tests following numerous complaints over the high prices set for the tests in many private facilities.BNPB acting deputy for emergency response Dody Ruswandi said on Wednesday that private health facilities had set considerably high prices to profit from polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests.The price for the agency’s PCR tests has been set at a maximum Rp 500,000 (US$ 33.7) in some 300 state-owned laboratories, Dody said in a hearing with the House of Representatives Commission VIII overseeing disasters and social affairs.
Topics : Log in with your social account State-owned Bank Rakyat Indonesia (BRI) expects only about 85 percent of its restructured loans to be repaid according to their terms once the COVID-19 pandemic has subsided.The country’s largest bank by asset value has predicted that the recipients of about 7 to 15 percent of its restructured loans will struggle to repay their obligations as a result of the pandemic’s widespread effect on cash flow and revenue. The situation could lead to a decrease in the bank’s loan quality.As of August, the bank had restructured Rp 189 trillion (US$12.69 trillion) in loans to 2.9 million borrowers through deferred principal repayment or interest rate discounts, finance director Haru Koesmahargyo said on Tuesday.“We also expect that about 1 percent of our restructured loans will turn into non-performing loans [NPL] given the current situation,” he said during … Facebook Forgot Password ? Google LOG INDon’t have an account? Register here Linkedin banking-industry Bank-Rakyat-Indonesia bad-loans NPL non-performing-loan loan-restructure COVID-19
Extreme weather is likely to occur during the transitional period from dry to rainy season in Indonesia, the Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics Agency (BMKG) warned.“In this transitional period [from September to October], we need to be alert to potential extreme weather such as short heavy rainfall with lightning or thunderstorms, whirlwinds and hailstorms,” BMKG meteorology deputy Guswanto said in a written statement on Monday.The agency also predicted that heavy intensity rainfall along with lightning or thunderstorms would happen in several regions including North and West Sumatra, West Java, all provinces of Kalimantan, South Sulawesi, Maluku and Papua within the next week. The public is asked to be alert to possible flooding, flash floods, landslides and whirlwinds that follow heavy rainfall.Heavy rainfall followed by floods occurred in several parts of West Java and Jakarta on Monday. The water level of many rivers also reportedly rose due to the high volume of torrential rain.“The heavy rainfall was caused by unstable atmospheric conditions which are strengthened with atmospheric Rossby waves [naturally occurring waves caused by the Earth’s rotation and which affect the planet’s weather and climate] and wind horizontal convergence,” Guswanto explained.“These atmospheric phenomena increase the potential for rain clouds [nimbus] to emerge around the West Java region,” he added.Topics :